Thursday, October 2, 2014

Finish This Song...No, Really!

I have a game for you! It's called finish this song! 

While I was songwriting today, I got stopped after the first chorus, determining the direction I want to take the second verse. I have a few ideas of 'what's in the corner' listed below. Comment below with which idea you like best! OR feel free to add your own!

PS: My voice is a little tempered from allergies and my guitar tempos vary, haha. Just go with it. The words are below.

Lyrics:
She storms into the garage.
She doesn't know what he's got going on.
Only anger on her mind
cause he's an hour past the fix-it time.
           To her, he's just a mechanic
           and her time is more important.
           She doesn't see it in the corner
           Hidden by the years of dirt and dust.
           But no one's just a mechanic.

Options for verse 2: what's in the corner?
- Folded flag (from his Dad or son)
- Service awards (from armed services)
- Pictures of her (she's adopted and he's her biological father) WHAT?!
- Picture of his daughter, from whom the woman received a life saving organ.
- A picture of his pro race car and dusty trophies
- YOUR IDEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment